It's time to update your notification settings! Receive email and in-browser notifications by updating your profile. Click "Notification Settings" and sign up for email updates to threads in various Categories.

Allowable Quantities for Ethanol Extraction

andrew71oandrew71o
edited August 26 in General

hello i was curious if anyone was in the process of a recreational ethanol extraction lab that is compliant. I am currently in the second phase after discussing with the fire marshal and local Certified Unified Program Agency i came to a understanding that i will only be limited to 120 gallons on the facility i was curious to know if anyone found a way to be able to have more on the facility?
thanks in advance
Andrew710
Efflorescence Systems LLC

Comments

• There is different maximum allowable quantities depending on what's in storage, use-open and use-closed. There are available multipliers for each category. These include approved fire sprinklers, storage cabinets, exhausted enclosures, control areas, etc. It is beneficial to work with a knowledgeable design professional such as an architect or engineer familiar with hazardous material occupancies.

Depending on your budget, you could build for H-Hazardous Occupancy and then there is no limit.

Fire Code chapter 50 is where the information is located.