Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best Ethanol Extraction Equipment out in the market in 2017?

I'm looking at systems and I'm curious - what is the best Ethanol Extraction Equipment out in the market in 2017?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's all about required volume per cycle which dictates equipment selection. Basically 2 x seperate stages, stage 1 ferment sugars to creat Ethanol, this is the cycle as takes about 7 - 8 days. The fermentation product is called mash.

Stage 2 extract ethanol from the mash. The most common process is distillation. With high quality sugars and yeast, fermentation will yield +-11% of mash by volume into of 92% (not abv) ethanol.

I.e. 200litres fermented mash will produce 23 liters of ethanol at 92% purity, again not abv. This ethanol is not potable as has high content of methanol which is toxic.

FYI 200% abv = 100% purity. Most retail booze spirits contain 43% abv which = 21.5% purity

I hope I understood your question and this helps, plus hopefully does not attract the attention of trolls

• Colorado Extraction Systems in Golden, CO manufactures the best machine on the market. Imho. My wife and I have recently purchased one of their machines, and it is a pleasure to use. They are also a family run company, and great to deal with. Happy shopping!
  • Mile high distilling has reflux stills I got mine 93% ethanol 1st run first time I set it up! 26 gallon reflux still Colorado Denver 850$ bucks American I think.

• Eden Labs just released an update to their Coldfinger Commercial, Ethanol Extractor - https://www.edenlabs.com/coldfinger/ethanol-extraction

Really impressive unit!